Mind and Body
Healthy cupcakes for your Christmas table
PEANUT BUTTER-lovers can double their PLEASURE this Christmas with these healthy cupcakes.
I use the popular ingredient in these cupcakes along with natural organic coconut flakes and honey to create an ultimate flavour.
3 cups of almond meal
1 cup of coconut flour
4 tablespoons of peanut butter
3 tablespoons of Queens sugar free maple syrup
1 teaspoon of salt
3/4 cup of olive oil
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon of stevia
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 jar of almond spread
4 tablespoons of natural organic honey
100g of organic coconut flakes
- Turn oven onto 180c
- Place eggs, oil, unsweetened almond milk, Queens sugar free maple syrup and peanut butter into a large cooking bowl and mix/blend up well until you create a smooth texture.
- Add to the mixture coconut flour, almond meal,salt, cocoa powder and stevia then combine altogether well.
- Place the cupcake mixture into non stick cupcake holders evenly (not to the very took leave 1 cm) then place into the oven for 35 minutes until golden brown.
- In a small cooking bowl blend together well half a jar of almond spread (1.20g) and four tablespoons of honey until they are completely combined together as one.
- Take your cupcakes out from the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
The cupcakes should rise down once they have dropped in temperature to achieve a hole like structure in the center of them.
This is were you fill the cupcakes with your topping mixture.
- Pour the topping mixture into the the center holes of each cupcake and sprinkle a touch of organic coconut flakes on the side of each of them.
- It’s now time to enjoy them with friends and family and even gift them to someone like I have this Christmas.